Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Keeping a list

So I posted the current list of cards in our cube. It's probably not completely accurate, since we added a bunch of cards over the past month, including some new cards on Monday night. I'll do my best to get every card as accurate as possible. I went through the cube's sideboard (the cards that were once in the cube and still exist unsleeved in the box). It's getting filled with cards that many people tend to think belong in the cube without question. Some examples of popular cards that we've cut include:

Spike Feeder
Yawgmoth's Will
Necropotence
Brainstorm
Fathom Seer
Wildfire
Arc Slogger
Etched Oracle

These are just a few examples. We've done many drafts with this cubes and noticed that most of the time these cards were either 23rd/24th cards or worse -- sitting in the sideboard of a draft deck. I'm open to hearing a case for any card I take out to be put back in. I'll even add a link on the right side of the page for cards that are sitting in the sideboard.